ProVia® Board ‘n Batten Vinyl Siding
ProVia’s Board ‘n Batten Super Polymer Vinyl Siding can enhance a rustic quality and create visual interest to new homes built in contemporary architectural styles. Board ‘n Batten is a centuries-old vertical siding style historically seen on Victorian homes, farmhouses, and barns. The term “batten” refers to the strip of molding placed across the joint between the boards. Some builders and remodelers select Board ‘n Batten as the primary exterior siding style while other homeowners choose the alternative vertical BnB siding panels to accent gables, porches, entryways, build-out additions, and garages to add distinctive detail to the house’s exterior. ProVia® offers Board ‘n Batten Siding in both CedarMax® and Cedar Peaks® Super Polymer Vinyl Siding product lines allowing you to choose whether you want insulated or non-insulated BnB siding.
Super Polymer Siding is formulated with the industry’s best quality materials engineered for anti-weathering and color retention. By using these technologically advanced materials (Weather Barrier Shield with SPX-2000 UV Blocker, Tri-Pigment Reflective Technology, and Color Keeper™ Anti-Fade Protection), Board ‘n Batten Vinyl Siding is able to resist fading, chalking, cracking, peeling, and thermal expansion and contraction. An added bonus is that vinyl siding is so easy to maintain because it requires only occasional cleaning with mild soapy water. Independently tested by ASTM International, ProVia’s Board ‘n Batten has proven its dependability to withstand 216 -223 mph windloads.
Board ‘n Batten Vinyl Siding comes with ProVia’s original owner’s Lifetime Plus Limited Warranty and ODW’s two-year installation warranty.
Cedar Peaks Siding in Pewter on the garage face front with the accent of Cedar Peaks in Pewter Board ‘n Batten vertical siding on the gable above the garage
- 10’ Vertical Length Panels
- 8” wide panels comprised of 6.25” board face and 1.75” batten strip molding placed across the joint between the boards
- Batten strip’s 5/8” projection above the board surface provides defined shadow lines for curbside appeal
- CedarMAX 8” Board ‘n Batten 1 1/8” thick (2.2 R-Value) Rigid EPS Foam Insulation helps Reduce Energy Loss
- Cedar Peaks Board ‘n Batten is non-insulated
- (1) Profile & (30) Color Options: Lifestyle Collection has (17) lighter color selections. Signature Collection has (13) bolder color choices.
- Super Polymer Siding is formulated with four weather-resistant and color retention ingredients listed below:
Weather Barrier Shield reflects heat away from exterior walls & deflects damaging infrared solar rays
SPX-2000 UV Protection helps block the destructive effects of the sun’s ultraviolet rays
Tri-Pigment Reflective Technology and
Color Keeper™ Anti-Fade Protection both help ensure superior color retention
- 5 Times Greater Impact Resistance than conventional hollow siding
due to the “continuous insulation” installed on the home’s exterior
- Double-Ply Nailing Hem for double tear resistance
- Patented Twister Lock & Cyclonic Locking System windload tested to 223 mph enhances overall rigidity of the siding system on the wall
More examples of Board ‘n Batten Vinyl Siding
Board ‘n Batten Siding Colors
Note: The screen images of the colors are intended as a GUIDE only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct. Due to monitor settings, monitor pixel definitions, limitations of desktop scanners, digital photography, and dye lot variations, all colors are APPROXIMATIONS of actual colors.