Weather Shield® Weather Shield Series™
Wood Swing & Slide Patio Doors
In 1955, Edward Lee Schield designed his first wood window and patio door series, the Weather Shield Series™, with the vision to combine old-world craftsmanship, innovative designs, and the latest technology in energy efficiency to help bring customers’ dream designs to life. The Weather Shield Series™ includes Sliding Patio Doors, French Sliding Patio Doors, and French Swinging Doors.
- 20-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in material and workmanship and 30-year warranty against wood rot
- French Patio Doors (Inswing or Outswing) in single panel and 2-panel configurations
- Sliding Patio Doors in 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-panel configurations
- French Sliding Patio Doors in single panel and 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-panel configurations
- (8) Wood Species Options: Pine (standard), Oak, Maple, Cherry, Alder (Character), Mahogany, Vertical Grain Fir, Mixed Grain Fir
- (10) Interior Wood Finish Options: Clear Satin, Golden Oak, Fruitwood, Chestnut, Rich Mahogany, Primed, Prefinished White (Latex), Prefinished Black (Latex), White Poly Paint, Black Poly Paint
- (12) Interior Poly Paint Colors and (45) Interior Designer Colors
- (56+) Exterior Finish Options: Primed, (8) Standard Colors, (47) Designer Colors, plus Custom Colors
- Zo-e-shield® Glazing System includes Tempered Glass in Double or Triple Pane with insulated Low E2 coatings, Argon gas-filled insulating airspaces, and Real Warm-Edge™ spacers to maximize your patio door’s energy efficiency, protect furnishings from fading, and keep your home comfortable in summer and winter extreme temperatures
- Specialty Glass: Obscure, Rain Glass, Bronze Tinted, Gray Tinted
- Grille Options: Profiles – Flat or Sculptured . Styles – Grille Between the Glass, Simulated Divided Lite, or Removable Wood Grille
- Hardware: Sliding Patio Door-2-point lock system. Swing Patio Door-3-point lock system
- (6) Hardware Finishes: Bright Brass PVD, White, Adobe, Rustic Bronze, Brushed Copper Nickel, Brushed Chrome
- Screen Options: No See-um Mesh or Aluminum Non-glare Mesh
Factory Finishes on PINE
Exterior Color Options
* Finishes and colors shown may not be actual representations. See ODW for actual color samples.
Zo-e-shield® Glass Package Options
High Quality Glaze
Maximize your patio door’s energy efficiency with the exclusive Zo-e-shield® glazing system. With powerful layers of Low-E coating, optional EasyCare® surface coating, inert gas-filled insulating airspace, and Real Warm-Edge™ spacers, Weather Shield’s glazing options represent the ultimate in energy efficiency for any climate.
Real Warm-Edge™ Spacer
Real Warm-Edge™ Spacer
With no metal to transfer temperatures, glass is thermally efficient -reducing condensation and frost build-up. Warm-Edge™ Spacers are standard on all Weather Shield insulated glass packages.
Weather Shield Series™ Sliding & Swing Patio Door Hardware
The Weather Shield Series™ Sonoma sliding and swing patio door handle complements the most sophisticated styles. The Sonoma handle consists of all-metal components and a two-point locking mechanism to secure the door, ensuring long-lasting safety and protection.
Weather Shield Series™ Sliding & Swing Patio Door Hardware Finishes
Finish options shown may not be accurate representations. See ODW for actual color samples. All finishes are not available on all hardware styles.