If you’ve been tuned in on garage door trends in the past 30 years, you’re likely familiar with the concept of the “raised panel” steel door. This style of door became a popular alternative to the traditional wood door and quickly found its way into millions of homes across the country. As a result, however, garage doors from home to home started to look seemingly identical to one another. This led to a growing demand for unique alternatives and design options that offer more in the way of style.
Decorative options are a great way to make your garage door stand out among the rest. If you’re in the market for a new garage door with a fresh look, consider the following customization options:
- Windows. A garage door with lites is a great way to make a lasting first impression. The sky is the limit when it comes to opting for the use of windows in the top of your door. Your windows can be single or double glazed, clear or obscure, and have designs or inserts in the glass.
- Panels. Many of us are acquainted with the classic style of raised panel, which is why it’s a welcome diversion to change the doors’ panels around. Carriage Style doors are one of the more popular styles these days, featuring flat panels with vertical grooves. Utilizing different panel designs and patterns is a simple yet effective way to take your door to the next level with a more unique look and feel.
- Decorative Hardware. One of the best ways to add flair to your doors is with classic decorative hardware. Handles, hinges, lifts, studs, and locks can all add a little something extra to your door’s façade. This hardware is applied directly to the surface of the garage door, making it a simple yet endlessly customizable way to make your door more impactful.
- Overlays. Over time, more and more options have emerged for doors that feature overlays. Vinyl, composite, and faux-wood overlays are some of the more popular materials. The addition of an overlay can completely transform your door!
- Paint. Don’t forget about the power of paint! Often times, the application of paint and/or a wood grain can revitalize your garage doors and really make a statement.
Clearly, there are many different ways to make your garage doors feel like your very own. While the pricing of each adjustment can vary, they are all worth considering when it comes to finding the perfect garage door that you can feel great about. To learn more about customizing your garage door, utilizing decorative hardware, and how we can help, contact us today!