Omaha Door & Window is the oldest & largest new and replacement door & window company in the Omaha metro area.
The primary duty of this position is to politely answer and screen incoming calls, redirect calls or assist the caller in leaving a message for the appropriate ODW employee. The secondary duty of this position is to assist the Millwork Senior Manager with clerical and other office duties that benefit the Company.
- Supports the Company’s mission, vision, and core values
- Answers a multi-phone system for calls from customers and general public handling all inquiries for the Service, Commercial, Residential and Millwork Department.
- Provides courteous, friendly, and helpful customer service
- Processes new Millwork orders ensuring paperwork/forms are properly completed and required signatures and deposits are accurately obtained
- Processes bank financed transactions, verifying paperwork and submitting completed jobs for funding
- Checks the Millwork installers’ EPA Lead paperwork before copying & mailing these reports to customers
- Assists in pricing Millwork orders to determine the sales reps’ commission
- Assists in creating and revising price sheets and the labor book for the sales reps.
- Ensures the monthly commission report is updated by entering the cost of each Millwork job into the analysis spreadsheet and then updating this report
- Tracks down Millwork orders that are over two weeks old which have not been measured or ordered and researches the cause
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties and completes filing duties as required
- Maintains day-to-day communication with the Millwork Senior Manager
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Effective skills of listening, verbal, and written communication
- Technical /computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications used by the Company
- Ability to follow multi-step directions and attend to details
- Ability to file in numerical & alphabetical order
- Ability to do mathematical computations
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Bilingual a plus, but not required
Educational/Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Proficiency and experience in using computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- Must be able to pass (post-offer) background check and drug screen
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs
- Near vision and far vision necessary and the ability to adjust focus
- Good hearing and continuous verbal (speaking) communication
- Occasional reaching requirements of out, overhead, and low (below knees)
- Must be able to do continuous sitting and occasional standing
- Good dexterity of fingers/hands
Omaha Door & Window, in all of our locations, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning EEO and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, marital status, amnesty, Genetic Information & Testing, Family/Medical/Military Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour