With winter upon us, we can expect to see some snow and ice during the next few months and potentially a pretty serious winter storm or two. It’s always important to be prepared, so if you haven’t taken steps towards readying your home for the winter season, now is the time before it gets too cold and icy to prevent damage.
One of the best things you can do for your home is installing a storm door. In this blog post, we’re revealing just a few of the reasons why adding a storm door to your house is a worthwhile investment.
- Style Options: Many fear that a storm door on the front of their home will look bulky or out of place. While this may have been the case years ago, storm doors have come a long way and can now better suit your color and style preferences. There are approximately 40 styles of storm doors, 16 colors options, and 9 different types of hardware to choose from. Here at Omaha Door & Window, we can also provide custom sizes to ensure the best fit for your home.
- Provide Security: There is no such thing as too much security when it comes to your home. Everyone likes to feel safe in their house, and a storm door adds an extra layer of protection around the most obvious access point into your home. For those who are interested in an even greater level of protection than what a standard storm door provides, we offer security doors, which are steel doors with decorative bars on the frame and a deadbolt that locks into the steel frame.
- Increase Curb Appeal: A storm door is an economical way to add curb appeal to your home. Not only does it increase security, which is an excellent feature to potential homebuyers, but it also beautifies the front of your home and makes it “pop” amongst other houses in your neighborhood. It’s a small investment that will go a long way towards keeping your home looking its very best.
- Increase Energy Efficiency Low E tint can be added to reflect heat out in the summer and in during the winter. This helps to increase energy efficiency by aiding in keeping your home at a comfortable temperature throughout the year. We also offer Solar Glass that will stop the UV rays from coming in. The Solar Glass comes in grey, green, bronze and blue. These coatings and glass options will help to protect your front door against the harmful sun, increasing its lifespan and keeping paint looking new.
- Lifetime Warranty: Because storm doors are used so often, they are unfortunately susceptible to damage and breaking. This is why it is so important to have a warranty on any door in your home, but especially a storm door. We are proud to offer a lifetime warranty on storm doors, ensuring that once you’ve made the choice to install a storm door, you won’t have to worry about replacing it down the line.
For more information on storm doors, visit our website.