Commercial Storefront Installer/Technician
For over 60 years, Omaha Door & Window has been a solid, family-owned company that’s reliable, trustworthy, and knowledgeable. We are a full-service provider of quality products for homeowners and businesses’ alike, and we guarantee competitive prices and prompt service. We install, remodel, service, and finance all the products we sell–and we also repair many product brands sold by our competitors!
Must have clean driving record and be able to pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
Required: 2 years of construction experience in installing hollow metal doors and frames.
- Installation and/or service of aluminum doors, frames, and parts including locks, closers, exit devices and glass
- Establishes service by studying system requirements, gathering components and parts, completing installation, and performing acceptance testing
- Cuts aluminum stock lengths or glass to blueprint specifications and assembles as needed
- Boards up, replaces, or measures broken or damaged glass
- Caulking or sealing of storefront configurations to make watertight
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders, adhering to daily travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests, and resolving problems
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, and recommending system improvements
- Maintains high standards of quality workmanship in accordance with ODW standards
- Keeps equipment operating effectively by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Bilingual a plus, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour