Omaha Door & Window Company is the oldest and largest replacement door & replacement window company in the metro area. Trusted in Omaha for over 55 years, consumers depend on ODW for quality products at competitive prices. ODW buys directly from a wide variety of top manufacturers at the lowest prices and passes the savings on to you. Our knowledgeable sales staff will provide a free in-home consultation and estimate. Our insured experts will professionally install your new custom-fit windows and doors as well as remove and haul away your old units. You can count on us to be here after the sale to stand behind our workmanship. Our products come with excellent manufacturer warranties backed by ODW’s two-year installation & service warranty. We have just the right windows to fit your home, your style, and your budget!
Click on the photo of each product to see more information from the dealer!
IT ONLY MAKES SENSE TO CHOOSE PRODUCTS THAT
ADD TO YOUR HOME’S COMFORT AND OVERALL VALUE.
Whether you are replacing the windows in your home or constructing a new home, Omaha Door & Window Company offers a diverse product line from vinyl to wood.
For maximum energy performance, Soft-Lite Windows are made with
Triple Pane Glass, Two Reflective Coatings of Low-E
Insulating Glass, and two air spaces filled with Krypton Gas.
Soft-Lite windows are also manufactured with the warm edge
Metal Free Super Spacer renowned for superior thermal efficiency. With a tested and proven R-Value rating of 10.0 and a NFRC U-Factor rating of 0.17, you can save up to 40% on your energy bills annually with new Soft-Lite windows!
Colors and Finishes
The solid color runs deep from the interior to the exterior of your home.
Interior Woodgrain Colors
The beauty of real wood without the hassle of wood staining, varnishing or other maintenance natural wood requires. Includes a Lifetime Warranty against de-lamination.
Exterior Foil Laminates
Lifetime Warranty against
de-lamination and a Ten-Year Warranty against ultraviolet discoloration.
Standard Exterior Vinyl Colors
Custom Exterior Colors
How do you compare windows from different manufacturers?
Don’t take the manufacturer’s word for it. Look for third-party independent certification. Use AAMA, NFRC, and Energy Star certifications.
AAMA Gold Label Certification requires both AAMA and NFRC certification and requires the manufacturer to be subject to surprise inspections..
All Soft-Lite windows have the independent AAMA Gold Label Certification
- Test for Air Leakage. The minimum standard is .30 cubic ft. per minute (cfm) of air infiltration. The lower the number, the less drafts and air infiltration into your home. Typical vinyl windows are in the .18 cfm range. The Soft-Lite Imperial LS has a rating of .02 cfm at 25mph –
15 TIMES BETTER than the AAMA minimum standard! Windows with high air leakage will waste more energy and cost you money.
- Uniform Load Design Pressure Structural Test. Increasing wind is blown against the window until it breaks. The AAMA minimum standard is 94 mph winds before the window breaks. The Soft-Lite Imperial LS withstands 195 mph winds – MORE THAN DOUBLE the AAMA minimum standard!
National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) is a non-profit organization that has established a voluntary national energy performance rating and labeling system for fenestration products.The NFRC label on a window will show the energy performance rating of the entire window – glass, frames, and all parts. (It’s not just a center of the glass R-Value measurement.) Insist on seeing the NFRC Label for every window you compare.NFRC tests and measures windows for:
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
- Visible Light Transmittance
- Condensation Resistance
- U-Factor measures how thecomplete window (glass & frame) prevents heat from escaping.
- The lower the U-Factor number, the more energy efficient.
- Ratings generally fall between .2 and 1.20.
Soft-Lite Imperial LSU-Factor = 0.17.
- Soft-Lite has one of the best U-Value ratings in the window business!
The solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) measures how well a product blocks heat caused by sunlight.
- The lower the SHGC number, the less solar heat is transmitted through the window. The range generally falls from 0 to 1.0.
- Soft-Lite Imperial LS SHGC rating = 0.24.
A rating of 0.24 means that the window blocks76% of solar heat.
- Visible Transmittance (VT) measures how much light comes through a window.
- The higher the VT, the more visible light is transmitted through the window. The range generally falls between 0 and 1.0.
- Soft-Lite Imperial LS VT Rating = 0.40.
- Condensation Resistance (CR) measures the ability of a product to resist the formation of condensation on the interior surface of that product.
- The higher the CR rating, the better that product is at resisting condensation formation. The range is between 0 and 100.
- Soft-Lite Imperial
- CR rating = 72.
Energy Star Label
- All Soft-Lite windows are ENERGY STAR qualified for all regions of the U.S.
- However, our competitors say the Energy Star Label is the only thing you need to look for in a good window. In fact, the Energy Star Label does NOT give a U-Factor number to compare a window’s efficiency.
- The only way to compare a window’s energy efficiency is with the NFRC Label.
SOFT-LITE IMPERIAL LS WINDOWS
INDUSTRY-LEADING CERTIFIED PERFORMANCE
High Performance and Energy Efficient Glass
- 1” Triple Pane glass with two panes of Low-E coating
- Krypton Gas in both chambers improves thermal performance.
- Sealed with Super Spacer® warm edge technology (metal-free spacer) to reduce condensation.
- Warranted for a Lifetime against seal failure.
- Reduces outside noise and fabric fading.
- Keeps room comfortable all year round.
- The Imperial LS Double Hung window with Ultimate Triple-Pane and Super Spacer® has a U-Factor of .17, one of the lowest U-Value ratings in the world!
The primary window condensation culprit is its insulating glass spacer. As a homeowner, its’ just as important to know what type of window spacer material is being used between the panes of glass as it is to know what type of glass package is going into the window.
Common spacers made with metal can conduct heat and cold – causing condensation at the edge of the glass. To overcome the thermal inefficiency of conventional aluminum window spacers, the window industry has developed a new spacer system called warm edge technology. If the spacer material conducts less heat or cold at the edge of the glass than a conventional aluminum spacer, it is described as a “warm-edge” product. However, most of the newer window spacers still contain some kind of metal that will act as a conductor of heat and cold. The world’s only TrueWarm® edge is Super Spacer® because it has NO METAL.
- Super Spacer® Improves Condensation Resistance.
This insulating foam spacer helps reduce condensation and allows for comfortable household humidity levels. Mold needs moisture to grow, so reducing condensation helps eliminate health problems associated with mold.
- Super Spacer® reduces Sealant Stress. The thermoset silicone polymer material in Super Spacer® accommodates the natural expansion and contraction caused by hot & cold temperatures, UV exposure, wind loads, and barometric pressure. This ability to expand & contract and yet still return to its original shape prevents stress cracks that ultimately lead to seal failure.
- Super Spacer® Improves Heat Flow Resistance. Super Spacer® resists heat flow at a rate of 950 TIMES MORE than that of aluminum. This means lower energy costs, less condensation and reduced chances for mold growth.
- Super Spacer® Improves Glass Surface Temperature. With Super Spacer®, the surfacetemperature of the glass at the edge of the pane is typically 16.6 F° (9.23° C) warmerthan with a conventional aluminum spacer. Keeping the glass warm reduces condensation.
- Super Spacer® Improves Sound Absorption. The closed-cell polymer foam in SuperSpacer® transmits very little sound compared to conventional aluminum spacers or less-metal warm edge spacers, blocking out noise and creating a quieter home environment.
- Comfort Foam™ insulation is standard in the vinyl sash, frame and sill on the Soft-Lite Imperal LS window.
- Comfort Foam™ R-5 expanding polyurethane foam insulates sash and frame extrusions improving overall thermal performance.
- Comfort Foam™ insulation is CFC-free and environmentally friendly.
Engineered true-sloped sill with a unique tall sill dam that extends into the main frame to eliminate common corner seals that frequently leak.
Tight Mechanical Interlockholds the sash in place when the window is under extreme wind-load stress.
- Q-lon Compression Gasket System has a cushion-gasket beneath the sash which straddles the raised sill rail under compression when locked for impressive air barrier and water resistance.
- Three sturdy polyethylene fins provide additional barriers and diversions against air drafts and water infiltration. Most other windows only have one thin fin of weatherstripping.
The Soft-Lite Imperial LS Double Hung window has (5) pieces of UltraSmart® weatherstrip on the meeting rail interlock. Most other windows have one or two.
600 Inches of UltraSmart® weatherstripping is used in an average-sized double hung window.
K-Beam is advanced composite non-metal sash rail reinforcement. Most manufacturers of vinyl windows today use aluminum or steel to reinforce their vinyl, which works like a thermal short circuit due to the poor thermal properties of the metal.
K-Beam is a unique resin-based glass-filled composite material with Kevlar fibers for additional strength. Kevlar made by DuPont® is used to make bullet-point vests.
K-Beam is 5 TIMES STRONGER THAN STEEL, 721 TIMES WARMER than aluminum, and unlike fiberglass, able to hold screws. It will not transfer heat or cold through the window as common metal reinforcements do with lesser design.
- The meeting rails are reinforced with
K-Beam and also act as the Mechanical Structural Interlock, which fights intense wind pressure.
- Endura-Force™ Balance system provides smooth, quiet, easy lifting and lowering of sashes.
- Teflon® -coated ¾” Heavy-Duty stainless steel balance never needs lubrication or adjustment. Most other windows use a ½” balance.
- Balance is installed in asound-deadening thermoplastic chamber for thermal improvement and cleanliness, which helps prevent air leakage.
- No strings, pulleys, wire springs, or block and tackle system in a large metal housing that lowers thermal performance.
- Safety feature holds sash in place so it won’t fall out of jamb.
- Exterior features complex architectural design with thick 0.080 uPVC walls favored by many homeowners.
- Interior thicker and stronger sash with cove-mold design for detailed wood-look.
- Consistency with perfect welds and corner cleaning from factory’s new-generation completely robotic equipment.
- Finest quality un-plasticized poly vinyl chloride will never rot or corrode like wood or metal.
Smooth-n-Easy Integral Lift Rails feature comfortable nestling ergonomicdesign for the easiest-operating window available today.
- Lift rails are built into sash rail and won’t fall off like snap-in lift rails of other windows.
Imperial LS Double Hung windows have recessed Tilt-Latch Hardware that is smooth and low profile, easy to clean and very easy to operate.
- Slide and Tilt Sliders allow you to clean your sliding window by tilting your slider sash in for safe, easy cleaning from inside your home.
The features described below will ensure that your new Soft-Lite Bow, Bay, or Garden window is a stylish and stunning focal point of your home!
- Each and every bow, bay, or garden window shell is made with a full 1 ¼” thick furniture grade Birch or Oak Hardwood Veneer interior which is 67% thicker and stronger. (Most others use ¾” plywood – Shop or B-Grade veneer plywood.)
- Interior Factory Finish & Seal Options include Light Oak, Medium Oak, and Cherry.
- Plastic Laminated Seat Board available in White or Beige.
- DuPont® Corian™ Seat Inserts are impact and scratch resistant and are ideal for displaying plants and flowers. Corian™ Seats available in (6) Decorator Colors & Patterns.
- Solid Steel Threaded Rods fastened through Head and Seat cannot sag like cable fastening and support systems will.
- Countersunk Flanged Steel Weld Nuts secure head to seat to ensure permanent secure structure.
- 800 pounds per support with 3/16” Blue Chrome Chain and Heavy Duty adjustable Turnbuckle for permanently tight hold. Other manufacturers use cable supporters that stretch overtime as it fights gravity allowing the heavy unit to sag and droop.
- Soft-Lite™ Support System of Bows & Bays eliminates jobsite fabrication of braces.
- Polyurethane Foam-Filled Mullions fight thermal transfer.
- Permanent snap-in cover plates to match windows.
- Adjustable height shelves available in PVC-coated metal or Tempered Safety Glass.
- Specially-built trapezoidal operating side casement windows with full screens that open wide to let you enjoy the outdoors from the comfort of your home.
- 30° Sheet Slope feature allows quick water run-off.
- DuPont® Corian™ Seat Inserts are impervious to water and are available in (6) Decorator Colors & Patterns.
- Soft-Lite was founded in 1934.
- Over 200,000 square feet of modern factory design on more than 20 acres near Cleveland, Ohio.
- Millions of dollars invested in state-of-the-art German-engineered robotic equipment has resulted in the manufacture of windows that feature industry-leading tolerances.
- Computer-controlled automated equipment eliminates opportunities for workmanship errors and enables remarkable attention to detail and consistently accurate assembly – window after window after window.
- The Soft-Lite Limited Lifetime Warranty is designed to protect your investment and our reputation. It guarantees that Soft-Lite windows will not rot, rust, warp, pit, corrode or blister, and that the vinyl colors will remain true for the life of your home.
- The Soft-Lite Limited Lifetime Warranty is non-prorated and is fully transferable. Soft-Lite also warranties all moving parts and the hermetically insulated seal against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty?That’s right, all of Soft-Lite residential windows come standard with a lifetime warranty. It can even be transferred if you move or sell your house.
- Soft-Lite L.L.C. warrants that its vinyl windows and doors will be free from manufacturing or material defects for as so long as such products remain in use at the home where originally installed and the original purchaser (or authorized transferee) owns and resides in the home.
- Soft-Lite offers an optional glass breakage rider for extra peace of mind. The Lifetime Limited Warranty guarantees that the manufacturer will stand behind these Soft-Lite products to protect the people who buy them.