*Note: The screen images of the colors are intended as a GUIDE only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct. Due to monitor settings, monitor pixel definitions, limitations of desktop scanners, digital photography, and dye lot variations, all colors are APPROXIMATIONS of actual colors.
Double or Triple Pane, Low-E coatings, Argon or Krypton gas-filled, Super Spacer® (metal-free), Tempered, Obscure, Tinted, and Solar.
(6) Grid Types, (3) Standard Grid Patterns, and Special Order Grid Patterns.
- The American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association (AAMA) tests the structural design performance of windows for air leakage, water penetration, and wind load design pressure.
- Test for Air Leakage. The minimum standard is .30 cubic ft. per minute (cfm) of air infiltration. The lower the number, the less drafts and air infiltration into your home. Typical vinyl windows are in the .18 cfm range. The Soft-Lite Imperial LS has a rating of .02 cfm at 25mph.
- All Soft-Lite windows have the independent AAMA Gold Label Certification
- Comfort Foam™ insulation is standard in the vinyl sash, frame and sill on the Soft-Lite Imperal LS window.
- Comfort Foam™ R-5 expanding polyurethane foam insulates sash and frame extrusions improving overall thermal performance.
- Comfort Foam™ insulation is CFC-free and environmentally friendly.
UltraSmart™ Triple-Fin Weather stripping
- UltraSmart® Gold Series Tri-Fin™ Gaskets with Ultra-Fresh® anti-microbial biocide protection in the yarn of the wool pile fights mold & mildew spores, pollen, dust mites, and other air-borne bacterial fungi. Most other windows have no biocide protection in the weatherstripping.
- Three sturdy polyethylene fins provide additional barriers and diversions against air drafts and water infiltration. Most other windows only have one thin fin of weatherstripping.
- The Soft-Lite Imperial LS Double Hung window has (5) pieces of UltraSmart® weatherstrip on the meeting rail interlock. Most other windows have one or two.
- 600 Inches of UltraSmart® weatherstripping is used in an average-sized double hung window.
K Beam™ Thermal Reinforcement with Kevlar®
- K-Beam is advanced composite non-metal sash rail reinforcement. Most manufacturers of vinyl windows today use aluminum or steel to reinforce their vinyl, which works like a thermal short circuit due to the poor thermal properties of the metal.
- K-Beam is a unique resin-based glass-filled composite material with Kevlar fibers for additional strength. Kevlar made by DuPont® is used to make bullet-point vests.
- K-Beam is 5 TIMES STRONGER THAN STEEL, 721 TIMES WARMER than aluminum, and unlike fiberglass, able to hold screws. It will not transfer heat or cold through the window as common metal reinforcements do with lesser design.
The meeting rails are reinforced with K-Beam and also act as the Mechanical Structural Interlock, which fights intense wind pressure.
Endura-Force™ Balance System
- Endura-Force™ Balance system provides smooth, quiet, easy lifting and lowering of sashes.
- Teflon® -coated ¾” Heavy-Duty stainless steel balance never needs lubrication or adjustment. Most other windows use a ½” balance.
- Balance is installed in a sound-deadening thermoplastic chamber for thermal improvement and cleanliness, which helps prevent air leakage.
- No strings, pulleys, wire springs, or block and tackle system in a large metal housing that lowers thermal performance.
- Safety feature holds sash in place so it won’t fall out of jamb.
Lifetime Limited Warranty
- The Soft-Lite Limited Lifetime Warranty is designed to protect your investment and our reputation. It guarantees that Soft-Lite windows will not rot, rust, warp, pit, corrode or blister, and that the vinyl colors will remain true for the life of your home.
- The Soft-Lite Limited Lifetime Warranty is non-prorated and is fully transferable. Soft-Lite also warranties all moving parts and the hermetically insulated seal against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty? That’s right, all of Soft-Lite residential windows come standard with a lifetime warranty. It can even be transferred if you move or sell your house.
- Soft-Lite L.L.C. warrants that its vinyl windows and doors will be free from manufacturing or material defects for as so long as such products remain in use at the home where originally installed and the original purchaser (or authorized transferee) owns and resides in the home.
- Soft-Lite offers an optional glass breakage rider for extra peace of mind. The Lifetime Limited Warranty guarantees that the manufacturer will stand behind these Soft-Lite products to protect the people who buy them.