For over 60 years, Omaha Door & Window has been a solid, family-owned company that’s reliable, trustworthy, and knowledgeable. We are a full-service provider of quality products for homeowners and businesses’ alike, and we guarantee competitive prices and prompt service. We install, remodel, service, and finance all the products we sell–and we also repair many product brands sold by our competitors!
The position of the Overhead Door Installer for Residential is vital to the growth and sustainability of the Company as it provides personal service to our customers by installing and servicing a wide range of products.
**Hiring Bonus **
Omaha Door & Window is the oldest & largest new and replacement door & window company in the Omaha metro area. Family owned, in business for over 60 years. We are seeking great people to join our family and be a part of one of the best door and window companies! We recently restructured our pay system and now are offering a hiring bonus of $1,000.00. If you have any qualifications, keep reading below and apply! On the job training is provided.
Must have clean driving record and be able to pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
Installs and Assembles residential garage door sections. Fastens tracks to building(s).Stacks door sections up to 20 feet long and weighing up to 100 pounds. Installs all hinges, locks & hardware. Installs door operators and seals as needed. Analyzes work orders, adhering to daily travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests, and resolving problems. Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, and recommending system improvements. Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records. Keeps day to day communication with manager.
Job Type: Full-time Competitive pay
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
· Shows a solid foundation in Company ethics and professional standards
· Knowledge of construction industry and products
· Ability to read blueprints and technical specifications
· Proficient in the use of hand and power tools
· Critical thinking and analytical/mathematical skills
· Strong communication and customer service skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects with effective time management skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Technical skills including applications used by the Company (i.e., time-keeping, etc.)
· Effective skills of listening, verbal, and written communication
· Ability to work under pressure and independently
Educational/Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
· Overhead door experience is preferred
· Previous installer experience is preferred
· Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
· Must be able to pass (post-offer) background check, drug screen, and physical
· Availability to be on-call after hours and on weekends
· Frequent lifting of 25 to 100 lbs
· Near vision and far vision necessary and the ability to adjust focus
· Good hearing and continuous verbal (speaking) communication
· Frequent reaching requirements of out, overhead, and low (below knees)
· Must be able to do occasional sitting and continuous standing
· Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and others
· Good dexterity of fingers/hands
· Varying temperature changes
· Varying noise levels
· Fumes and chemicals
Pay Scale: Starting at $20.00 up to $25.00 depending on experience.
Omaha Door & Window, in all of our locations, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning EEO and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, marital status, amnesty, Genetic Information & Testing, Family/Medical/Military Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.