For over 60 years, Omaha Door & Window has been a solid, family-owned company that’s reliable, trustworthy, and knowledgeable. We are a full-service provider of quality products for homeowners and businesses’ alike, and we guarantee competitive prices and prompt service. We install, remodel, service, and finance all the products we sell–and we also repair many product brands sold by our competitors!
The position of the Overhead Door Installer for Residential is vital to the growth and sustainability of the Company as it provides personal service to our customers by installing and servicing a wide range of products.
- Supports the Company’s mission, vision, and core values
- Ensures that all safety procedures are performed in compliance with the Company’s safety policies and all federal, state, and local laws & regulations and attends monthly safety meetings
- Establishes service by studying system requirements, gathering components and parts, completing installation, and performing acceptance testing
- Assembles garage door sections
- Fastens tracks to building
- Stacks door sections up to 20 feet long and weighing up to 100 pounds
- Installs all hinges, locks & hardware
- Installs door operators and seals as needed
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders, adhering to daily travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests, and resolving problems
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, and recommending system improvements
- Maintains high standards of quality workmanship in accordance with ODW standards
- Keeps equipment operating effectively by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential
- Collects monies from the customer and follows proper cash flow procedures
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading vendor/supplier publications
- Effective use of the time-keeping software application and any other Company mandated software to improve the ability to track or monitor time, labor, and location of workers and/or projects
- Help other Installers/Technicians with problems and help train new hires as needed
- Maintains day-to-day communication with the Residential Operations Manager
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $16.00 /hour and up depending on experience.