For over 60 years, Omaha Door & Window has been a solid, family-owned company that’s reliable, trustworthy, and knowledgeable. We are a full-service provider of quality products for homeowners and businesses’ alike, and we guarantee competitive prices and prompt service. We install, remodel, service, and finance all the products we sell–and we also repair many product brands sold by our competitors!
With 60 years of experience Omaha Door & Window is the oldest & largest new and replacement door & window company in the Omaha metro area. Family-owned company in the Omaha area, we are focused on growth and services that continually exceed our customer’s expectations. Our strong roots, innovation, and dedication to outstanding customer service have helped us remain at the forefront of our industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated, attention to detail, analytical individual to join our accounting department. The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction industry.
- Implements methods to maintain accurate inventory levels
- Identifies and optimizes common inventory items among the facilities
- Works effectively & efficiently with cross-functional teams including Purchasing, Sales, Warehouse, and Management
- Manages work effectively so that periodic cycle & annual physical inventory counts are completed in a timely & accurate manner
- Assists in conducting periodic cycle & annual physical inventory counts
- Conducts or supervises audits of facility inventory on a scheduled basis & compiles evaluation reports for review by Controller/Business Operations Manager
- Investigates inventory shortages and discrepancies
- Monitors returned goods in the warehouse & ensures that they are processed in a timely manner
- Utilizes computerized inventory system to compile & maintain records of the quantity, type, and value of the Company inventory materials
- Compares product labels, tickets, shipping manifests, purchase orders, and packing lists to verify the accuracy of shipment contents & specifications
- Analyzes inventory records & compares them to physical inventory, reporting any discrepancies to Controller/Business Operations Manager
- Enters and processes incoming orders for construction materials, service, & product installation of residential doors and windows
- Verifies customer & order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary
- Prepares purchase orders and sends to suppliers
- Reviews order acknowledgments for accuracy
- Responds to inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations
- Follows Company’s policies and procedures
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Shows a solid foundation in Company ethics and professional standards
- Knowledge in managing inventory, including auditing, forecasting & planning
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Technical/computer skills including Microsoft Office and other application used by the Company
- Strong problem-solving and analytical ability
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong quality control and attention to detail
- Ability to interpret & explain inventory and sales reports
- Ability to work independently with some direction
- Ability to follow written instructions and document procedures
- Team player who works productively with a diverse range of people
- Effective skills of listening, verbal, and written communication
Educational/Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- High School Degree or GED equivalent
- Accounting/Inventory experience
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office & various accounting software
- Background in construction and/or installation of residential windows, entry and patio doors preferred.
- Must be able to pass (post-offer) background check and drug screen
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs
- Occasional lifting of 25-50 lbs
- Near vision and far vision necessary and the ability to adjust focus
- Good hearing and continuous verbal (speaking) communication
- Occasional reaching requirements of out, overhead, and low (below knees)
- Must be able to do continuous sitting and occasional standing
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and others
- Good dexterity of fingers/hands
We would encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the above description. Omaha Door & Window cares about finding the right fit, and we realize our perfect candidate may bring other skills and abilities to the table.
Omaha Door & Window, in all of our locations, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning EEO and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, marital status, amnesty, Genetic Information & Testing, Family/Medical/Military Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation and training. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.