Weather Shield® Contemporary Collection®
Aluminum-Clad Wood Swing & Slide Patio Doors
Weather Shield’s Contemporary Collection® consists of Aluminum-Clad Wood sliding and swinging patio doors that are specifically engineered to enhance the expansive views of custom, high-end homes with a seamless, modern aesthetic. Narrow panel profiles and a low-profile sill achieve a slim-line appearance that allows these patio doors to maximize exposed glass and admit more natural light.
- 20-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in material and workmanship and 30-year warranty against wood rot
- Sliding Patio Doors in 2-panel, 3-panel, and 4-panel configuration
- Multi-Slide Patio Doors in 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, 8-, and 10-panel doors
- French Patio Doors (Inswing or Outswing) in single panel or 2-panel doors
- Matching sidelites and transoms available
- (8) Real Hardwood Interior Options: Pine (Standard), Oak, Mahogany, Vertical Grain Fir, Mixed Grain Fir, Maple, Alder (Character), and Cherry
- (10) Factory Wood Interior Finish Options: Clear Satin, Golden Oak, Fruitwood, Chestnut, Rich Mahogany, Primed, Prefinished White (Latex), Prefinished Black (Latex), White Poly Paint, and Black Poly Paint
- (10) Designer Stain Options offered in partnership with Sherwin-Williams® only available on Pine Wood interiors: Harvest Wheat, Caramel, Ember, Acorn, Merlot, Thatch Brown, Chocolate, Rich Coffee, Ebony, & Greystone
- Durable and virtually maintenance-free, extruded aluminum exterior stands up to the harshest elements, resisting dents, dings, and scratches. The clad exterior never needs to be painted and will not rot or decay.
- (12) Standard Painted Exterior Colors (AAMA 2605 premium paint):
White, Cameo, Tan, Desert Tan, Heritage Brown, Adobe, Brick Red, Craftsman Bronze, Hartford Green, Gray Matters, Obsidian, Jet Black
- (45) Designer Exterior Colors rated to the highest industry standards (AAMA 2605 premium paint) for color retention
- (4) Radiant Metallic Exterior Colors (AAMA 2605 premium paint):
Basic Copper, Warm Silver, Antique Silver, Espresso
- (8) Anodized Exterior Aluminum Finishes: Clear, Champagne, Copper, Black, Light Bronze, Medium Bronze, Dark Bronze, Extra Dark Bronze
- (4) Textured Exterior Finishes: Textured Slate, Textured Weathered Steel, Textured Dark Bronze, & Textured Black
- Zo-e-shield® Glazing System includes Tempered Glass in Double or Triple Pane with insulated Low E2 coatings, Argon gas-filled insulating airspaces, and Real Warm-Edge™ spacers to maximize your windows’ energy efficiency
- Specialty Glass: Obscure, Rain Glass, Gray Tinted, Bronze Tinted
- Interior Handle Styles:
Sliding Patio Doors: Dallas 3-Point Locking Handle (standard), Ashland 3-Point Locking System with Square Back Plate or Arched Back Plate (optional), Sonoma 2-point Locking Handle (optional).
Swing Patio Doors: Dallas 3-Point Locking Handle (standard). Upgrade options: Ashley Norton Collection of handleset options in (11) finishes and Baldwin Collection of handleset options in (8) finishes.
- (4) Standard Hardware Finishes: Chrome, Satin Nickel, Rustic Bronze, and Matte Black and (19) optional finishes.
- Grille Options: Flat or Sculptured Profile. (2) Styles – Internal Grille Between the Glass (GBG) and External Simulated Divided Lite (SDL).
- Screen Options: No See-um Mesh or Aluminum Non-glare Mesh
Interior Wood Options
Finishes and colors shown may not be actual representations. See ODW for actual color samples.
Factory Finishes on PINE
Designer Stain Options on PINE only
Exterior Color Options
Zo-e-shield® Glass Package Options
High Quality Glaze
Maximize your patio door’s energy efficiency with the exclusive Zo-e-shield® glazing system. With powerful layers of Low-E coating, optional EasyCare® surface coating, inert gas-filled insulating airspace, and Real Warm-Edge™ spacers, Weather Shield’s glazing options represent the ultimate in energy efficiency for any climate.
Real Warm-Edge™ Spacer
Real Warm-Edge™ Spacer
With no metal to transfer temperatures, glass is thermally efficient -reducing condensation and frost build-up. Warm-Edge™ Spacers are standard on all Weather Shield insulated glass packages.
Contemporary Collection®Standard Patio Door Hardware
Weather Shield’s® hardware ranges from European contemporary styles to traditional designs in modern and classic finishes. Standard hardware on Contemporary Collection® Sliding & Swing Patio Doors is a 3-point lockset in the Dallas Lockset Style. The 3-point lock system secures the active panels at the top, middle, and bottom. The stainless-steel hardware components are corrosion resistant to protect your patio door from the outside elements for years to come. Optional hardware is a 2-point lockset in Sonoma Style, Keyed alike locks, Stainless Steel rollers, and Foot activated Security Bolt. Contemporary Collection® Swing Patio Doors have additional handleset options from the Ashley Norton Collection and the Baldwin Collection.
Contemporary Collection® Standard Hardware Finishes
Finish options shown may not be accurate representations. See ODW for actual color samples.
Additional Hardware Options for Contemporary Collection® Swing Patio Doors
Ashley Norton Handleset Collection
Ashley Norton is a leader in the high-end architectural industry. Weather Shield® offers (5) Ashley Norton handle styles in (11) different finishes.
Brass Base Finish Options for Ashley Norton Collection
Bronze Base Finish Options for Ashley Norton Collection
Baldwin hardware is widely known for its quality and the security of its locks. Weather Shield® offers (2) Baldwin handle styles in (8) different finishes.
Baldwin Collection Finishes